When should I make patients aware that they can self-fund their treatment?
There are times when it is acceptable to make your patients aware of private self-funded treatments.
- When a patient wants to be seen and treated quickly
- When a patient does not meet the criteria for NHS treatment
- When you and your patient want to choose the consultant they see
How quickly could a self- funding patient be given an appointment at the hospital?
Your patients will be offered an appointment for routine outpatient consultation with a non- specified consultant, within 72 hours (3 working days).
Your patient can choose to wait longer for an appointment if they prefer an alternative date, or if they wish to wait for a specific consultant.
Will a self-funding patient always be seen by a Consultant?
- Private patient care is always led by a fully qualified consultant, who is listed on the Specialist register for their area of expertise. Ramsay Clinical Governance policy means you and your patients can be reassured of the highest standard of clinical care. Our consultant profile register allows you /or Ramsay staff to guide your patient to the specialist best suited to their needs.
Will self-funding patients have access to fast diagnostic services and results?
Rapid access to Diagnostic Services and Fast track reporting means that your patients will receive the result of their tests early, thus offering peace of mind or allowing treatment to commence sooner, helping to ensure the best possible clinical outcomes.
Will self-funding patients be seen by the same Consultant throughout their whole treatment journey?
- Self –Pay patient care is led by the same consultant, each visit of an episode of care. Continuity of care provides an efficient care pathway, and improves patient satisfaction.
- Friendly, professional clinical teams support the consultant.
What benefits will self-funding patients receive by choosing Ramsay?
- Ramsay provides a patient focused approach to ensure the hospital visit is as easy as possible. Ramsay Hospitals offer free car parking, timed appointments, longer appointment times, comfortable waiting areas, and where possible one stop diagnostics.
How can I make a private referral?
- The Ramsay on line referral system via www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/patientreferral
- Via the GP Hotline on 01642 087 334
Will self-funding patients receive a fixed price package?
- After the initial consultation with the chosen consultant, we will quote an inclusive, fixed price* for any procedures or surgery. A finance scheme is also available. Pre-diagnostic tests are not included.
* Inclusive Care fixed price – terms and conditions apply, please ask for details.
Prices for self-pay private treatment
For a list of the more frequently requested self-pay treatments we carry out at Tees Valley Hospital please visit our guide price page. Please feel free to pass these guide prices on to your patients or encourage them to find them here on our website at: https://www.teesvalleyhospital.co.uk/patients/prices
Will referring patients privately be a positive benefit to the NHS
Referring your patient privately to Tees Valley Hospital not only benefits your patient but also saves the NHS money and resources to continue caring for other patients.
Please pass on our contact details to your patients who want treatment quickly.
*Inclusive Care fixed price – terms and conditions apply, please ask for details.