Top tips when considering cosmetic surgery
Peter Hodgkinson, Consultant Plastic Surgeon, at Tees Valley Hospital comments:
“Developments in the cosmetics field mean there are more and more options available to patients all the time, from fillers to a full facelift. The key to success is finding the right techniques, advice and environment.”
Of course, this can be very daunting. Mr Hodgkinson continues:
“You will need experienced and impartial experts to help you make the right decision. For anyone considering cosmetic surgery, we recommend the following advice:
- Ideally, look for a hospital and surgeon who work across the whole range of techniques, from cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to non-surgical techniques. Everyone is different and you must find the right solution for your individual needs.
- Check that your chosen surgeon is accredited on the specialist plastic surgical register of the General Medical Council, and of suitable training and experience to provide you with high quality advice. Ideally your chosen surgeon should be a member of BAAPS - the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- Ensure that, at your consultation, all the various alternatives are discussed, and that you come away with a clear understanding of what can and cannot be achieved.
- Don’t feel pressured into having treatment then and there. A second consultation should be available if you need it.
- Ensure that you have confidence in the hospital environment, nursing staff and support services as well as your surgeon, as the whole team will help to manage your experience from beginning to end.
Mr Hodgkinson continues:
“These principles should govern your choices, whether you are interested in changing the aesthetics of your breast contour, redefining your figure with liposuction, or considering facial rejuvenation.”
How do I find out more?
To find out more about cosmetic surgery procedures at Tees Valley Treatment Centre contact us today.