Troubled with hand or upper limb conditions?
• Arthritis of the hand and wrist
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Contractures of the fingers and hand
• Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
• DeQuervain’s disease
• Dupuytren’s disease of the hands
• Ganglions and other lumps in fingers, hands and wrists
• Trigger finger/thumb
• Elbow and forearm pain
When you have a condition or need hospital treatment, you want to be seen quickly with fast and flexible appointments and short waiting times, giving you access to the quality local healthcare you deserve.
At Tees Valley Hospital the hand surgery team, led by Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mr Sanjay Miranda, have devised a clinical pathway to ensure you have the highest quality of clinical assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to deliver you the best clinical outcome.
Our team of local consultant orthopaedic surgeons are suported by a clinical team including neurophysiologists for effective diagnosis and hand therapists to ensure a speedy and effective recovery.
Meet the Team
Mr Sanjay Miranda
MB. BS.,FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Hand, Upper Limb & Peripheral Nerve)
Mr Miranda is a specialist who has trained in orthopaedic surgery and had further training to specialise in hand, upper limb and peripheral nerve surgery. He has been a full-time hand surgeon since 2003 and a consultant since 2005.
Mr Miranda has been at Tees Valley Hospital for 6 years and has been instrumental in refining the hand clinical pathway. He speiflaises in all hand conditions including carpal tunnel release, Dupuytrens and arthritis. To find out more click here
Mr Chris Coapes
MB ChB, MRCS(Glasg), FRCS(Tr and Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Hand and Wrist)
Mr Coapes is a consultant orthopaedic hand and wrist surgeon. He trained on the Northern Orthopaedic Rotation and undertook fellowship training in hand and wrist surgery at Leeds General Infirmary.
Mr Coapes has special interests in Dupuytren’s disease including collagenase and the management of scaphoid fractures.
Why choose Tees Valley Hospital for your hand surgery?
• Recognised by many of the leading private medical insurance providers
• Competitive price packages
• Deal with one point of contact - Private Patient Account Manager
• Consultation within 72 hours with a leading local consultant
• Total Care package from diagnosis to aftercare
• First class service with good clinical outcomes and rehabilitation