PILATES with Movement Class
Improve your QUALITY OF LIFE, reduce PAIN and improve MOBILITY, STRENGTH and BALANCE using Australian Physiotherapy Pilates Institute (APPI) Physiotherapy Led Pilates.
Pilates is a form of exercise that helps to improve awareness and strength in the deep muscles in the tummy, back, shoulders and hips. This helps by encouraging relaxation and improving the body’s efficiency, allowing normal movement to occur. If the muscles are weak and/or tight it can cause the body to compensate resulting in an altered or poor posture, fatigue, and even pain. This can have a negative impact on your lifestyle, energy levels and emotional wellbeing.
The modern lifestyle is very demanding, and for many people this includes a lot of desk based work, driving, stress, caring for loved ones and managing a long term injury/condition. We cannot however, just expect our body to meet the demands of life without giving it a helping hand to Stay FIT for PURPOSE!
The aim of the class is to work on stretching and strengthening to bring balance and awareness to your body. Classes are small, 6-8 individuals of a similar level, so you can trust you will be supported fully by the Physiotherapist throughout.
- Cost: £35 for a block of 5 sessions and £35 for an initial 30 minute one-to-one Preparation for Pilates and Movement Appointment, this is a one off appointment.
- Initial Assessment/Preparation Skills: The Physiotherapist needs to assess your movement and teach you the basics of Pilates so you can get the most out of the course and you will be provided with some exercises/stretches to start at home.
- When: Classes will last 1 hour, dates and times will be confirmed upon booking to ensure they fit around you.
- Where: Physiotherapy Department, Tees Valley Hospital, Church Lane, Acklam, Middlesbrough, TS5 7DX.
- What do I need to bring? Just yourself and a smile! Wear comfortable clothes which you are happy to exercise in. Please note that it is a requirement that you can lay on the floor for this class.
How to Book and for further details
Please contact Danielle Gash, Physiotherapy Manager:
Call: 01642 087 347